Strawberry Matcha Cake
- 175 g Cake Flour
- 5 g Baking Powder
- 230 g Sugar
- 500 g Egg
- 130 g Baker's Delite Chiffon Cake Oil
- 7 g Cakemate Cake Emulsifier
- 15 g Matcha Powder
- 500 g Baker's Delite Whip Creme Paste
- 240 g Mlekovita Milk
- Whipped Cream
- Andros Bakestable Strawberry Filling
- Whipped Cream
- Matcha Powder
- Hot water
- Preheat oven 176C/350F .
- Prepare four (2) greased and line 6 x 3 inch round pans.
- Sift together cake flour, baking powder and matcha powder.
- In a mixing bowl combine, sugar, eggs, Baker's Delite Chiffon Cake Oil and Cakemate. Whisk for 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl, then whisk at high speed for 7 minutes
- Reduce to medium speed and add the sifted ingredients. Whisk for 1 minute at medium speed.
- Pour 500g batter unto prepared pans.
- Bake for 35-40 mins or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool down the cakes. Cover it with platics wrap and chill overnight
- Prepare whipped cream according to instructions.
- For strawberry cream filling, fold Andros Bakestable Strawberry Fiiling into whipped cream.
- For matcha frosting, dissolve matcha powder in hot water and set aside. Fold the cooled matcha mixture into whipped cream and blend well to achieve uniform color.
- Get the cooled cake base and slice in half. On the first layer, spread strawberry cream filling and repeat the procedure on the remaining layer.
- Frost the cake with matcha frosting at the bottom part, then light colored matcha in the middle and white whipped cream on top. This is to create an ombre effect.
- Scrape excess frosting on the sides of the cake and chill for 15- 20 mins.
- Pipe rossettes on top and garnish with sliced fresh strawberries.
- Serve and enjoy
Yield: 1 pc 6 x 7-inch round cake
Preparation Time: 30mins
Baking Time: 40 mins
Servings: 8 servings