Steaks with Chimichurri Sauce
- 1/2 cup Goya Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped or minced
- 1 to 2 red chilis, deseeded and finely chopped*
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2-1 level teaspoon salt, coarse*
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper*
*adjust to your tastes
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes to release all of the flavors into the oil before using.
- Season steaks with salt and brush with olive oil.
- Pan fry in a hot cast iron skillet or pan, over medium-high heat.
- Cook to desired doneness.
- Transfer steaks to a tray and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve chimichurri on the side in a dip bowl with steaks (about 2-3 tablespoons of chimichurri per person).
- Allow your guests to either dip their steaks in chimichurri or pour it over steaks.
- Best served with grilled vegetables and roasted garlic.
Pro-tip: Chimichurri can be prepared in advance and refrigerated for up to 24 hours before serving.