Milk Pudding Brulee
- 2 pieces egg yolks
- 1 and 1/2 cups Mlekovita Full Cream Milk
- 1 piece orange zest
- 1 stick, small cinnamon
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- additional sugar for the brule
- Put the white sugar in a large bowl and add the egg yolks, and then whisk briskly until the mixture lightens in color.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of cold milk in a bowl and slowly add the cornstarch and whisk until there are no lumps. Leave this to one side.
- Pour the rest of the milk into a saucepan and gently heat, along with the stick of cinnamon and the orange zest.
- When the warm milk reaches boiling point, lower the temperature to a simmer. Remove the cinnamon stick and orange zest then temper the egg-sugar mixture into the milk.
- Allow the mixture to warm through again and then add the milk-cornstarch mixture -- keep stirring and remove the cinnamon stick. Continue to simmer the mixture until it starts to thicken to a creamy thick custard consistency, being careful not to let it burn or get lumpy.
- When you've reached the desired consistency, pour the mix into the ramekins and allow it to chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Just before you serve them, evenly sprinkle a generous amount of sugar onto each serving, and either place the ramekins under a hot grill or use a cook's blowtorch to gently caramelize the sugar.
Leave a comment