Mango Cream Cake
For the Egg yolk mixture:
- 1 and 1/3 cup cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup refined sugar
- 1/2 cup Baker's Delite Chiffon Cake Oil
- 1/3 cup egg yolk
- 1/3 cup and 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Egg white mixture:
- 3/4 cup egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup refined sugar
Filling & Frosting:
- 1/2 cup mango puree
- 2 teaspoon gelatin powder
- 1 cup mango diced
- 500 g Baker's Delite Whipping Cream Paste
- 250g Mlekovita Full Cream Milk
- Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Prepare the egg yolk mixture by sifting together cake flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Set aside
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together Baker's Delite Chiffon Cake Oil, egg yolk, water, and vanilla. Combine egg yolk mixture to flour mixture. Set aside.
- Prepare egg white mixture by beating egg whites and cream of tartar using wire whip attachment
- Add the sugar a little at a time. Continue beating until stiff but not dry.
- Fold the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture until well combined.
- Lightly sprinkle two 8" x 3" round pans with water. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 20 - 30 minutes or until cake tester inserted comes out clean.
- Cool onto wire rank, inverted. Unmold carefully
- Prepare mango filling by making mango puree. Cook on low heat then gradually add the gelatin. Mix and let cook until consistency is thick. Set aside to cool.
- To prepare the frosting using whip attachment, Whip Baker's Delite Whipping Cream Paste at low speed for 2 minutes. Scrape the sides then continue mixing at medium speed for 3 minutes while gradually adding the cold milk. Scrape the sides and bottom. Continue mixing for 4 minutes at high speed until smooth and desired piping consistency is achieved.
- To assemble the cake, spread a layer of mango filling on the 1st layer chiffon cake. Add whipped cream combined with diced mango then cover it with the 2nd layer chiffon cake.
- Coat the whole cake with mangoes as desired. Chill before serving.