- 4 Eggs Large , yolks and whites separated
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Baker's Delite Chiffon Cake Oil
- 1/3 Cup Mlekovita UHT 3.5% Milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract (optional)
- 1 and 1/8 cup of Gold Mill Cake Flour
- 1 and 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2-3 Tablespoons Maven Butter - melted
- Granulated Sugar (as topping)
- Farm Haven Processed Filled Cheese, grated (as topping)
- Line the bottom of Mamon molds with baking cups. Preheat oven to 170°C/350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites using a hand or stand mixer at low speed until foamy (about a minute). Add the cream of tartar and continue beating at medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add granulated sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a larger mixing bowl, add the egg yolks, oil, milk and vanilla extract. Mix using a hand or stand mixer until frothy.
- Place the cake flour, powdered sugar, baking powder and salt in a strainer or sifter. Sift the dry ingredients (cake flour, powdered sugar, baking powder and salt) into the egg yolk mixture in 3 to 4 parts interval mixing it with a spatula or spoon after every addition. After all the dry ingredients are added to the egg yolk mixture, beat together at medium speed until the texture becomes lighter and the color lighter (approx 3-4 minutes).
- Now gently fold in the meringue (egg whites) into the egg yolk and flour mixture in 2-3 parts until well combined.
- Fill up about ¾ of the prepared pan with the cake batter. Gently tap each tin to move air bubbles and to level off the batter. Arrange them on a large baking tray.
- Bake them for 25-30 minutes or until tops turn golden brown and inserted toothpick come out clean..
- Immediately invert pan onto a wire rack lined with parchment paper. Tap to release the cakes. Turn them topside up.
- Brush the tops with melted butter while warm. Sprinkle with granulated sugar and grated cheese.