Lychee Butter Cake
- 1 14oz can lychees (about 1 cup lychees, reserve the liquid)
- 2 cups (240g) flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (160g) Maven Butter (unsalted), room temperature
- 3/4 cup (160g) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Baker's Delite Whipping Cream Paste, prepared
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease an 8x8 baking pan
- Drain the lychees and cut into small pieces; set aside
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt into a bowl and set aside.
- In a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together on medium speed for several minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and then the vanilla. Mix to combine.
- Add in about 4-6 tablespoons of the reserved lychee liquid slowly. Mix between additions to fully incporate before adding more.
- Toss the lychee pieces in the flour mixture to coat. (This will help keep them from sinking to the bottom fo the batter.)
- Add the flour and lychee mixture to the batter and mix to combine.
- Pour batter ito the prepared pan. Bake for 30-45 minutes, until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool onto a wire rack before serving.
- Top with prepared Baker's Delite Whipping Cream Paste and desired garnish.
Leave a comment