O-SPOOKY RECIPES: Creepy Crawly Pasta & Burger
- 6 ounces Ideal Gourmet Spaghetti, reserve 1/2 cup starchy pasta water
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup Basil Pesto
- Goya Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for drizzling
- Fresh Lemon Juice, as desired
- Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 20 pcs. Black Olives
- 1/4 Cup Royal Victoria Cream Cheese
- 1 tbsp Black Sesame Seeds
Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water according to package directions or until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup of the starchy cooking liquid before draining. Drain the pasta and toss with a tiny bit of olive oil.
In a large skillet over very low heat, add the pesto, 1/4 cup of the reserved pasta water and stir to combine.
Add the pasta and toss to coat, and more pasta water as needed to create a loose sauce. The amount of water needed will depend on the thickness of your pesto.
Turn the heat off. Add lemon juice, salt, and pepper, to taste.
Garnish with creepy crawly olive heads by piping some cream cheese and black sesame seeds to form the eyes.
- 500 g (½ kg) Farm Haven Angus Ground Beef
- 2 tsp (10 g) Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tsp (10 g) Goya Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Baker’s Choice Baking Spray
- Black Olives
Mix the ground beef, worcestershire sauce and olive oil in a bowl. Mix vigorously by hand for about 1 minute so the patties will hold better. Divide the mixture into 4 to 5 pieces then mold into your desired patty shape. For easier handling, chill the patties before cooking.
Grease with baking spray a smoking hot frying pan (preferably cast iron pan). Sear and cook the burger patties for 3 to 6 minutes according to your desired doneness.
Turn the burgers into creepy crawly bugs by forming legs using the cucumber strips and eyes using cucumber cut-offs and olives.