Bacalao Al Ajo Arriero
- 2 packs of frozen bacalao (cod) loins*
- 1 full teaspoon pimenton powder (pimenton dulce)
- 1 garlic head, cut into thin slivers
- 1 can or bottle of tomato sauce (Best to avoid tomato sauces with cheese or that are too sweet)
- GOYA Clasico EVOO
- GOYA Unico EVOO
- GOYA Capers
- GOYA Sliced black olives
- GOYA Sliced green olives
- 1/3 glass of white wine
- 1/2 glass of water
*Cod (bacalao) is easy to find in most groceries. Can't be made with any other fish except bacalo.
- Thaw frozen cod (bacalao) loins in cold water. This will help remove the excess salt from the cod which is a naturally salty fish.
- Once thawed, peek of its skin and squeeze out the water the loins have absorbed.
- Hand shred the cod or shred with a food processor.
- Add Goya Clasico EVOO to frying pan and heat at low to medium fire, add the garlic cut into thin slivers. Add the pimenton powder and saute garlic.
- Add the shredded cod (bacalao). Add the tomato sauce, and 1/3 glass of white wine and cook for 30 minutes or until the bacalo has absorbed the win, tomato sauce & water. If it gets dry, add more tomato sauce mixed in with water.
- Consistency should be dry but moist.
- Add in the olives and capers. Mix and turn the fire off.
- Drizzle with Goya Unico EVOO and allow to cool for a bit.
It is great cold on crackers or bread as a dip or warm with rice
Leave a comment