- 1 pack Green Vie Cheddar Flavour Vegan Cheese, sliced
- 8 pcs. Vegan Burger Patties
- 8 pcs. Lettuce leaves
- 2 pcs. Tomato, sliced
- 1/2 pc. Onion, sliced
Vegan Burger Buns
- 1/2 cup Gold Mill All Purpose Flour
- 3 cups Bread Flour
- 2 1/2 tsp Yeast
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Washed Sugar
- 3/4 cups Coles Organic Oat Milk - Unsweetened
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Frymax Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp Ground Flaxseed, soaked in water
*Farm Brothers Maple Syrup for glazing
Making the Burger Buns
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, yeast, sugar and salt. Then, add in the water, oat milk and soaked flax seed.
- Using a spatula, fold until mostly combined. Knead until it forms a ball. Sprinkle some flour while kneading if it’s sticky.
- Once a ball is formed, store in a greased bowl.
- Cover with a towel or plastic wrap and let sit for 60-90 minutes in a warm, draft free place.
- Once double doubled in size, roll out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Cut dough into 8 equal pieces. Then roll the dough into balls to form a bun shape. Place on greased baking sheets.
- Cover with a slightly damp towel.
- Let sit for 60-90 minutes in a warm, draft free place or until doubled in size again.
- Remove towel and brush with half the vegan butter across each.
- Bake at 190 C for 25-35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Brush with some maple syrup for a glossy look.
- Slice in half and set aside.
- Cook the vegan burger patties as desired.
- Place a slice of vegan cheddar on each patty. For best results, place the burgers in a broiler or toaster to melt the cheese slices on top. Set them aside.
- Assemble the burger buns with the lettuce, tomatoes, onions and patties inside.
- Serve immediately.
Leave a comment