O-SPOOKY RECIPES: Maple White Chocolate Shortbread Cookies
- ¾ cup/175 ml Maven Butter - Unsalted, room temperature
- ¼ cup Super Fine Sugar
- 1 cup Gold Mill All Purpose Flour
- ½ cup Rice Flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp Farm Brothers Maple Syrup
- 200 g Luxo White Chocolate
- Desired Food Coloring
- In a bowl, beat the butter until fluffy. Beat in the sugar until light and fluffy. Sift together the salt, rice flour and all purpose flour.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture and mix just until incorporated. Add vanilla and maple syrup and combine until just incorporated. Divide dough in half and roll into rough discs. Wrap in plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator until firm, about 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F before removing the cookies from the chiller. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Once dough balls are chilled, flatten the discs with a rolling pin to your desired thickness, cut into your desired shapes. Place on prepared baking sheets, spacing the cookies two-inches apart.
- Bake in the center of the oven until the edges are lightly golden, about 25 to 30 minutes. Cool on a baking sheet on a wire rack, about 10 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Melt the white chocolate in a bain maire or in a microwave. Add your desired food coloring to the white chocolate.
- Decorate the shortbread cookies and you may want to place a piece of baking paper underneath to catch the chocolate drips!
Store in an airtight container. Makes about 20 small cookies.